Entering the Love Local Trust Local Awards is really easy and it is free to enter too!
Complete the Entry Form below either online and simply press submit or download the PDF below and send via email or post – our
contact info is at the bottom of the page.
Have a question, then we are here to help! If you are unsure about any aspect of entering the Love Local Trust Local Awards then please do get in touch and we are more than happy to guide and advise you.
- Entering the Love Local Trust Local Awards is really motivating for your staff and great for team building, use your award application process as a way for you and your team to come up with new ideas for your business!
- A unique way to promote your company and produce to a wider and new audience.
- A great way to stand out from the competition.
- Winners and Runner-Up’s will be invited to adopt our coveted Love Local Trust Local logo and join us and other select Dorset businesses in promoting quality produce that you can trust with Dorset at its heart.
- An opportunity to interact with other Dorset businesses, working together with the love of Dorset.
WHO CAN ENTER?
If you can answer yes to these two questions then you are in the running for a Love Local Trust Local Award!
- Are you a small, independent Dorset business with less than 30 full time employees that can truly demonstrate they are part of the Love Local Trust Local food & drink movement?
- Does your company source their main ingredients from within 30 miles of their Dorset location?
There are however two categories that are open to any Independent, Dorset based company to enter regardless of their size –
Innovation & Diversification
Conservation & Sustainability
For these two categories the limitation of less than 30 full-time employees will not apply. Your company however must be based in Dorset and must be in some way related, even as a by-product, to the Food & Drink sector which includes farming and fishing!
Get your application into us today!
The closing date for all entries is at 5.00pm on Monday 27th September 2021
HOW WILL THE AWARDS BE JUDGED?
Judging will take place between Monday 4th October and Friday 12th November 2021.
- The first stage of judging is based on evaluations of the written entry form only, which must be submitted by 5.00pm on Monday 27th September 2021 online via this website or via email to email@example.com or via post to Love Local Trust Local Awards, Rawston Farm, Tarrant Rawston, Blandford Forum, Dorset, DT11 8SF.
Please note that any application forms received after this date will not be entered into the awards.
- A shortlist of entrants will be selected from the written applications only, of up to 5 entries per category. The entry forms of the shortlisted entrants will then be submitted to each Category Judge/s.
- Each Category Judge/s will then make contact with all the short-listed entries in their categories and carry out their own assessments such as reviewing marketing and online presence of your company. Supporting documentation may be requested as part of the judging process, samples of your produce may also be requested and a site visit to assess your business and to gain a better understanding of your business practices may be arranged.
- A “Judging and Tasting Day” will be held on Monday 11th October and will be attended by all Category Judges in order to sample, taste and discuss entries.
We will contact entries well in advance if we require samples. Theses must be available for tasting by 9:00am on Monday 11th October (full information on supplying your samples will be given nearer the time). If a sample is not received in time then your written entry only will be judged.
Tasting/Judging forms will be used to ensure the process is fair and will be completed by each judge in attendance. The tasting will be blind wherever possible and the Category Judge/s will have the final decision in the event of any tie.
WHEN WILL THE AWARD WINNERS BE ANNOUNCED?
We will be awarding a Category Winner and a Category Runner-Up for each category including sub-categories (eg, awards for Bakery – Sweet and for Bakery -Savoury).
Our intention is to announce all winners and runner-up’s at a Networking Ceremony to be held at The Langton Arms, Tarrant Monkton, DT11 on 8RX Thursday 2nd December 2021.
HINTS and TIPS
TO ENTER THE LOVE LOCAL TRUST LOCAL AWARDS
Entering awards can feel a bit scary and over whelming. It’s really not and we have tried to make it as simple as possible for you and of course, fair. However, we have some hints and tips which you might find useful.
- Start working on your entry early. Our team are on hand to help so give us a call if you get stuck.
- Don’t ramble. You don’t get marks for the length of your entry.
- Be detailed. Answer the questions fully.
- Read the criteria.
- Don’t forget to shout about your success!
- Get a second opinion. Someone might spot a vital bit of information you forgot.
- Back up your answers with evidence. If customers love you share with us some feedback you have received.